Friday, August 20, 2010

What do you think of this so far?

Chapter One: January 8th





Tiff


The words on the note said “just friends” but the words in my heart said “gone forever.” I looked up to my now ex-boyfriend then back down to the piece of paper that ripped my heart out. I held the note close to my chest, letting a tear drop fall from my drenched blue eyes.


“Tiff,” my ex-boyfriend began, his deep voice covering me with a soft blanket, “I love you, but this is too much for me.” I didn’t speak. I didn’t even breathe. He continued, putting his hands on my slumped shoulders, “I have wrestling, I am failing school. I can’t have another thing in my life right now.”


I crumpled the note in my hands. My tears were creating a puddle, a pool of lost memories on the shining white tile. I looked up at him. I saw my reflection in his glazed eyes. I opened my mouth, but I didn’t know what to say. “Yeah,” is all I managed to get out before the school bell rang. He took one last look at me before walking away.


I felt my heartbeat begin to slow down. My mind was flashing back to memories of my ex-boyfriend and me at the summer bonfire.


I was in my thoughts so deeply that I could almost feel the warmth of the heated fire against my freezing hands. Scottie wrapping his arms around me as the radio blared some nineties love song. My friend Rachel was across the fire from me, drinking her red plastic cup of Vodka and orange juice. By the end of the night, we were all trashed. Scottie and I slept on an old blanket, just holding each other.


When I opened my eyes, I saw my friend Rachel. “Tiff?” she asked. The look on her face showed care, “Hun, your makeup is everywhere! Have you been crying?” I shook my head slowly in response. I was trying to suck in my tears, but the longing to have Scottie back made my eyes swell.


I knew Rachel knew. I could tell by the dreaded look on her face. “He didn’t,” she said. I shook my head again, feeling my face bubble under my pale mascara-stained skin. Rachel moved in close to me, giving my hug. I let it all go, my tears were pouring out, getting on her brown tee. “Why?” she asked, moving away, her palms still rested on my shoulders.


“Wrestling,” I said through sobs, “His excuse was so pathetic.”


Rachel stared at me as she caught my final tears with her finger. “Tiff,” she said in her comforting voice, “I am sorry. But there are millions of guys in this school that would die to be with you.”


I crossed my arms. “The only guy I want to be with doesn’t want me,” I said, walking away. My chest was heavy, my cheeks were drooping, and I was a heartbroken mess.





Scottie


Her blue eyes looked up at me with a longing desire. She looked back down at the note, and then pushed it to her chest. I felt like a complete jerk. She was crying, and I had never seen her so unhappy. I had to say something, anything. But I couldn’t tell her the truth.


“Tiff,” I said, thinking hard, “I love you, but this is too much for me.” She was silent. I held out my arms for her soft shoulders, she was so warm. “I have wrestling, I am failing school. I can’t have another thing in my life right now,” I lied. She wasn’t just “another thing,” she was my high school sweetheart. And the thought of never being with my high school sweetheart ever again hurt. My eyes set to a glaze, but I didn’t let the tears fall.


She looked up at me. At that moment, with her eyes so moist and her makeup running down her face, she looked absolutely stunning. I loved her. “Yeah,” she said, looking down. I was going to start crying. I had to leave her. I didn’t want her to see my pain. As the school bell rang signaling the end of the day, I took one last look at her. God she was beautiful. I turned away and didn’t look back.


As I walked through the crowded halls, the thoughts raced through my head. Deep sorrow became intense anger. I slammed my first against the hard cement wall. It stung. “I love you Tiff,” I said to myself. I would never be able to say that again.





Megan


The butterflies in my stomach gave me goose bumps. I was sitting at my computer desk, doodling strange and obsessive pictures. “Come on Scottie,” I said, looking at the phone. He told me more then twenty minutes ago he would “call me back in ten.”


I looked over my notebook. I never felt so in love. The boy I set my heart on freshman year was now my sophomore boyfriend. I hugged the notebook and a sudden chill ripped through my muscles.


Finally the phone lit up and went off. My heart jumped as I fumbled to push the talk button. “Hello?” I said, trying to snap back into reality.


“Hey.” It was Scottie.

What do you think of this so far?
I like it, I'm in suspense lol I want to know what else happens in this high school romance!!

creeping

No comments:

Post a Comment