Monday, August 23, 2010

What could it be? Breast Cancer? Candida Yeast infection? or What?

I nursed my son for 16 months, just weaned a month ago.. During the course of that time a small dark spot (not raised, just flat surface of skin) developed near the aerola of my breast. I thought it was due to his having bit me more than once during the course of weaning, or the fact that my skin around the nipple would often crack, and was always healing or bleeding.. Now a month after I've completely weaned my son off, my nipple and aereola is peeling and dry. The dark spot appears smaller and faded now, but itches like crazy! I've done a full breast examination twice so far and feel nothing different or wierd. So I don't think it's cancer, but I could be wrong. I spoke with a nurse over the phone, she said that it could be candida yeast infection. Does this sound accurate? Does anyone have a clue? I'm waiting for my GYN to call me when they have there systems back up, so far no available appointments till 2 weeks from now. -Extremely Worried-

What could it be? Breast Cancer? Candida Yeast infection? or What?
Dear Only Human,





Please don't be too worried yet. Most breast lumps are not cancerous, but only a doctor can tell.


- Breast discharge is a common problem and is not always a symptom of cancer.


- Nipple inversion is a common variant of normal nipples, but nipple inversion that is a new development can be of concern.


- Changes in the skin of the breast include changes in texture, redness and puckering. These changes are usually caused by skin diseases and most of times are not breast cancer symptoms.





My best regards


No comments:

Post a Comment