Monday, November 21, 2011

Are my Bare Minerals brushes ruined??

I feel like a total idiot. The salon where I buy make up used to sell "Well taken care of" brush cleaner and that is what I used. I went to get some and they don't have it anymore. So I am talking to my sister on the phone and mentioned it to her. She is an artist, and she tells me that she washes her artist brushes by using Tide wash powder. It cleans and conditions them and makes them very soft. So I did it. When I first did it I was really happy with myself. They dried to a perfect shape, and felt very soft. The problem is now they are TOO soft and aren't doing a good job of putting on my make up. I think they need to be a little stiffer to rub the make up into my skin,because now I am not getting good coverage at all. Does anyone know if this is reversible? Any suggestions will be helpful, I will try whatever because I dont think they can get much worse.

Are my Bare Minerals brushes ruined??
Actually any MILD soap diluted with water works with both makeup brushes and art brushes. Using Tide is overkill.
Reply:This is a total guess, try dishwasher soap:


http://www.passthetest.com/toxin-wash-in...


It gets rid of any residue.


Then...go buy the actual bare minerals brush shampoo...it works well.

creeping

No comments:

Post a Comment